Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Google owns the world I've been noticing...

So... I hope everyone has been noticing that Google is currently more powerful then any other company or government in the world. They have access to all that IS. They are like God on this earth. Through gmail, searching the web, bloging, etc etc... They have access to peoples innermost thoughts, personal emails, what they like, what they hate, what turns them on, their dirty secrets, their favorite things, what they buy... Oh my!!! Do you realize the power? Let me tell you a little story...

So, I was looking to do a litle free writing yesterday and I realized that my computer doesn't have Microsoft office, thus no Word program. I decided that I needed to write pretty bad so I'd just write myself an email. I then ranted on and on about this and that... Life... Blah, blah, blah... And then, I just read my little vent session. I read it, was satisfied, then I noticed all these ads all over the side of the screen. They all were focused on "fixing" my life based on the content of the email. No where in the email are there even trigger words for some of the thoughts I was having. This scared me. The ads were all spot on websites that would "help" my situations.

Now how does a network of info scan my email, pick up on illusive/subjective thoughts, decifer the meaning, then connect me to companies and websites associated? This is nuts! How did this happen? Quick answer... We all have allowed this, quite willingly. But I feel like I was tricked by clever marketing and advertisments to hand over my personal life into Googles hands. I am simply one little spec in Googles far reaching grasp on mankind. The information that this company possesses is unimaginable.

I'll stop now before I've said to much :) After all, they know what I'm writing right now :)

No comments: